Friday 12 August 2016

Egg Buffet Bites




Egg Buffet Bites

These little appetizer bites are beautiful and very simple to make. They're a play on the classic deviled egg, but these are actually easier!...

Ingredients

12 eggs
1/4 cup salmon roe
1/4 cup finely diced red pepper
1/4 cup finely diced chives
1 tbsp freshly cracked pepper
2 tbsp Sea salt
3 tbsp fresh dill leaves
Preparation

First thing is you need to hard boil the eggs. I use the oven method, which works great for cooking a lot at once. What I do is place my eggs in a muffin tin (12 eggs, 12 muffin spots, makes sense!)

Have the oven preheated to 325 and bake for 30 minutes. Don't use a non-stick pan, or else you'll get yellow eggs. I use a silicon muffin tin, but metal works too!

Dump your cooked eggs in a bowl of cold water to keep them from over cooking.

The other way to make hard boiled eggs is to put the eggs in a pot, top with water, and put it on the stove on high. When the water starts rapidly boiling, cover the eggs and take them off the heat. After 15 minutes, they're hard boiled!

Peel them and store them until you're ready to party!

When you want to pull these out as appetizers, I set it up like a little buffet. Fill small cups (egg cups would be really cute), with various toppings. I included my favorites in the ingredient list. Let your guests put on their choices to make unique eggs.

You can also make these deviled eggs and then top them, but I don't think it's necessary. The key is great quality toppings.