Boerewors And Onion Quiche
- Pastry: In a bowl mix together 1 cup of cheese, flour and margarine until a soft dough forms.
- Press into a large, greased pie dish or 2 small dishes.
- Filling: Marinade boerewors in the BBQ Marinade.
- Cook on braai (or under the grill), then slice.
- In a pan fry onion and garlic in a little margarine, and allow the onion to caramelize slightly.
- Arrange onion, boerewors and rocket on the base of the pie dish.
- In a jug mix together the eggs, contents of the sachet of KNORR Creamy Garlic Vegetable Bake, milk and cream, pour over filling.
- Top with reserved cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 180°C oven for about 1hour 15 minutes or until quiche is firm in the centre.
- Hint: To save some time, use your leftover, marinated boerewors for this delicious South African twist on an ordinary quiche.