1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
⅓ cup oil
2 tablespoons active dry yeast
¼ cup sugar
3½ cups flour (either bread flour or all-purpose will work)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees / 204C.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the warm water, oil,
yeast, and sugar. Allow the mixture to rest for 15 minutes.
3. Mix 2 cups of the flour, the salt, and the egg into the yeast mixture
using a dough hook. Add the remaining 1½ cups flour ½ cup at a
4. Shape dough into 12 balls and place in a 9x13 pan. Let dough rest
for 10 minutes.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until tops are just golden brown.