Smoked Salmon Alfresco Lunch Tart
- 400 g Short Crust Pastry
- 50 g Flour
- 50 g Margarine
- 300 ml Milk
- 3 Eggs seperated
- 15 ml Robertsons Masterblends for Braai Zesty Lemon and Herb
- 100 g Smoked Salmon slices
- 150 g Goat’s Cheese diced
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Roll out the pastry on a flour-dusted surface and line a 22 cm tart tin, leaving the excess pastry hanging over the edge.
- Line the tin with baking paper and baking beans, and bake blind for 15 minutes in a hot oven. Remove the paper and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Place the flour, margarine and milk into a pan. Heat while stirring all the time, until it makes a very thick, smooth sauce. Stir in the egg yolks and the Robertsons Master Blends.
- Beat the egg whites in a clean bowl with an electric hand whisk until stiff, and then fold carefully into the sauce.
- Tear the salmon slices into large pieces and arrange half over the base of the tart with half of the goat’s cheese. Spoon over the soufflé sauce, then arrange the remaining salmon and cheese on top with some extra Robertsons Master Blends. Bake for 25-30 minutes until puffed up and golden.