Cape Brandy PuddingServes: 10 - 12
Date Mixture Ingredients:...
250g stoned dates
250ml boiling water
5ml bicarbonate of soda
100g Stork Bake
250ml brown sugar
2.5ml baking powder
125ml chopped pecan nuts
125ml chopped cherries
125g Stork Bake
Cream, for serving
For the Date Mixture:
1. Chop the dates and place in a bowl with the water and bicarb to soak.
For the Pudding:
1. Cream Stork Bake, sugar and egg together until light and fluffy.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
3. Lastly add the date mixture and mix well.
4. Pour into a greased baking dish and bake at 180ºC for 20 – 25 minutes.
5. When done, remove from oven and pour the hot sauce over immediately.
For the Sauce:
1. Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to the boil.
**This sauce freezes very well and can be kept covered in the fridge for up to a week.
**Serve warm with cream