Meatloaf in Puff Pastry Shell
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 eggs
- 150g leek
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 500g Ground meat
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp Bread Crumbs
- ground red pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 egg yolks
- Defrost the puff pastry. Carefully unfold the puff pastry sheet.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet on a floured working space to desired size. It must be large enough to wrap up the meat loaf. Hard boil the two eggs and let them cool off.
- Cut the leek in rings. Heat the oil in a skillet and steam the leek for approx. 5 minutes until tender. In a bowl combine the ground meat, finely diced onion, 1 egg, plain breadcrumbs, pepper, salt and ground paprika.
- Form a loaf. Peel the eggs and press in the middle of the loaf. Put the leek rings on the puff pastry sheet. Omit an edge (approx. 1/2 inch) all around the puff pastry sheet.
- Brush the edge with egg white and wrap up the loaf. Carefully press the edges together. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Put the meat loaf on the tray with the seam side down.
- Brush the puff pastry with egg yolk.
- Pre heat the oven to 360 F/180C. Bake the meat loaf for 35 minutes on the middle rung.
- Cover with foil, and cook 10 minutes.
Always keep an eye on this so that the pastry does not burn