Baked macaroni and cheese muffins
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheese
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Dash of garlic powder
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Boil salted water in a large pot and add the elbow macaroni. Boil according to package directions, then drain and return macaroni to pot without heating it again.
- Stir in butter, beaten egg and sour cream.
- Add 2 cups of shredded cheese and milk and stir over low heat until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Generously grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Scoop the macaroni evenly into each cup.
- Mix the reserved 1/2 cup of shredded cheese with 1/4 cup of bread crumbs and sprinkle over the muffins. Spray the top of the muffins with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let it cool for a few minutes before removing from pan